Labels

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Merry Christmas Quilt #15

So today I ran into a few issues with Quilt #14.  My machine just didn't want to go over the seams.  So I fought with it and tried all kinds of things, even taking out my old Kenmore.  So in frustration, I decided to start a another quilt and put this one aside for now.

So here is my #15.  Merry Christmas.  I wanted something quick, so I pulled out some scrap Christmas charms that I got from somewhere.




So now I'm trying to decide sashing or no sashing.  You know I can't make a decision.  I think I'll sleep on it.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mama Spark. I was thinking the white too, since it makes it a larger quilt and then I don't have to be as critical about lining up my seams.

      Delete
  2. Great fabrics! Jan, you left a comment on my blog Meadow Mist Designs to be added to the e-mail list and get a sneak peek of the Meadow Mystery Quit. Unfortunately, you are a no-reply blogger so I have no way to reach you by e-mail. Could you send me your e-mail address and I will send you the sneak peek. Thanks! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, quick holiday quilt. I think it would be great with or without the sashing. Two totally different looks. Good luck in your decision making. I am sure the quilt will speak to you soon and let you know what needs to be done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen. I'm headed off to a quilt weekend, so probably won't get back to this one until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you prefer more traditional, no sash. If you like more modern looking then sash. :) So nice just to have a quick finish sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I decided on sashing, which will make it a bit bigger. Finish will be next week.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely festive top. It will be lovey with the sahsing and, as you say, that bit bigger. You could really enhance the quilting in the white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. As a new quilter, I may be trying FMQ for the first time on this quilt.

      Delete