Labels

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Quilt Weekend

I went for my first Quilt Retreat this weekend.  One of my friends from high school (Class of '74) invited me and I don't get to see her very often so it was a great treat.  Thanks to my friend Donna for inviting me and her sister, Jan, who hosted this retreat.  It was a great time.

I started Quilts #16 and #17.  It is killing me to have three quilts in the making.  I like to do one at a time.  But here is #16.  I did Jelly Roll Race 2 over at Missouri Star Quilting Company.

NEW NEW Moda Precuts Jelly Roll #19700JR "HO HO HO" 100% cotton 2-1/2" Strips

It went quite quick.  I went straight off the roll and am not sure I'm crazy about how it came out.  There were several strips that ended up next to each other on the top.  But lessons learned, it will make a great gift.


That was Saturday morning's project.  I wasn't in the mood to iron and finish, so I started another.

Quilt #17 is born.

I used Layer Cake Coin Quilt from She Quilts Alot.  This is the same pattern I used for Quilt #8.

I used Flow Zen Chic by Moda.


Started cutting and sewing back together.



So now I have three in progress quilts.  Making me crazy.  My goal for the next two weeks is to get these done.  We head off to Alaska two weeks from today and I"d love to have all project done before I go.

I'm off to cut and iron.  No wait should I go make a sandwich for one of the Christmas quilts.  Oh, I'm not sure, but I do know I'm off to work on something.






10 comments:

  1. Your jelly roll quilt turned out very nice! There is always something we learn when we try a new pattern. You will be ready for Christmas! I also really like your fabric choice for the Coin Quilt, I can not wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, worked on it a bit this afternoon

      Delete
  2. That's the problem with the JR race - you get the luck of the draw. Zen Chic is one of my fav designers. This will make a lovely coin quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished up the quilting of the JR quilt today. It doesn't look too bad. Just need to bind, then it is on to the coin quilt.

      Delete
  3. I like that coin quilt pattern! Thanks for linking to it. Yours will be lovely with those fabrics; very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. This will be my second one. I donated the other to Hands 2 Help.

      Delete
  4. Your coin quilt is looks good already. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. The quilt pattern is real easy and I need easy as I start out.

      Delete
  5. So busy, but rewarding- your quilts look great and the jelly roll will definitely make a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Just need to finish the binding and Christmas is done.

      Delete